Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Ultimate Cupcake Post

  Cupcakes. If you didn't know already, I have a slight obsession with the little carb bombs. Proof of fact: I own 3 cupcake-exclusive cookbooks and a cupcake courier, have been to almost every cupcake shop within reasonable distance of my residences, wrote a 20 page paper on them for my Food & Culture class, and have already designed the logo for my own shop if I ever get around to having one.
  Till then, I'll be baking at home. I've been experimenting with different cakes, but my focus is mostly on the frosting. Buttercream, cream cheese, and ganache bases; fresh fruit, extract, and liquor flavorings. I'm also a fan of filled cupcakes - the "surprise" in the middle just makes the process of eating them so much more enjoyable.
  It might be the collateral of the explosion of cupcake boutiques that is to blame for my appetite, but it's also fair to say that the nostalgic, I-used-to-eat-these-back-in-the-good-old-days-of-my-childhood association cupcakes engender is what makes them appealing as well. But hey, why are we questioning such a harmless liking? If you really wanted to know everything there is to, well, know about cupcakes, you might as well read my paper. 

But if you aren't in the mood to read, per usual, here are all the pictures I have taken in my history of digital cameras of the handheld munchies. Please note that I am not responsible for water damage on your keyboard, so watch your drooling. Enjoy!


nosh shots : cupcake edition


chocolate peanut butter cupcakes with ganache and reese's pbc 
[homemade] 

cupcake garden
[homemade]


clockwise from top left: carrot cake, vanilla, red velvet, cappuccino
[sweet, boston, ma] 

assorted
[la dolce divas, englewood, nj]

 
clockwise from top: peanut butter, strawberry, coconut, vanilla
[cake couture, aina haina, hi] 


assorted
[south end buttery, south end, ma]


carrot cake
[bee sweet cupcakes, new orleans, la] 

red velvet
[kickass cupcakes, davis square, ma] 


  Mint-chocolate & Bailey's Irish cream frosting on chocolate pound cake
[homemade]




may your cup always be full of cake,
cmita

1 comment:

  1. casey i love you and your cupcakes.

    i want red velvet cupcake nowww! :)

    (btw: this is mine and dekyil's blog hehe)

    ReplyDelete